Friday, December 3, 2010

Top 10 Music Videos

Since we're heading towards the tail end of the year, the temperature drops along with the snow. The holidays are impending and this is my little gift for all of you. Ten of my most cherished music videos from an assortment of my favorite artists. Not all necessarily new, but all truly beautiful.



1. Decisions, How To Dress Well

Children in Indian headdresses, clowns, colors galore, with an ambient soundtrack. This video is emotional and easy on the eyes.



2. Mouthful of Diamonds, Phantogram

Eerie winter trees, spotlights on the snowy lawn, and synchronized head movements all taking place in a cozy cabin. Oh, not the mention, the beautiful Sarah Barthel in an amazing dress I'd love to wear on New Years.



3. Quitters Raga, Gold Panda

This unofficial music video makes me want to jump back into the fall season, jump back into my memories, jump back to those moments I consider the best of times.



4. Elephant Gun, Beirut

With a trumpet in hand, Zach Condon from Beirut creates a romantic, hypnotizing circus in a room full of confetti and ballerinas.


5. Welcome Home, Radical Face

Foggy memories, garage jamming, trampoline jumping, forest wandering. He seems so oddly content being alone. I just want to jump in and join him.



6. Little Bit, Lykke Li

She oozes of coolness! Can I be her please? And can we all dance now?

7. I Must Belong Somewhere, Bright Eyes

I feel so bad for this figurine. This stop motion short film tells the tale of happy endings.



8. Alligator, Tegan and Sara

The sisters become hibernating Eskimos inside their garbage bag igloo wearing crazy knit head wraps while it snows glitter. I want to make glitter angels, too!




9. For Emma (A Capella), Bon Iver

And I thought real, live talent had been lost.



10. Why Don't You, Gramophonedzie

The dream girl comes to life. and even helps clean your room. and gives you a makeover.

enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment