Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Mumford & Sons



Fall is approaching. Summer is wrapping up and standing next in line is that prevailing autumn wind- resulting in a flood of kaleidoscopic leaves- leaving many yearning for warmth once again. Fortunatly, I am prepared with the perfect fall album specifically designed to help those cope with this michigan season transition.

Mumford and Sons, a group started in 2007, is causing a stir in the London music Scene and is now saturating North America. Their most recent album “Sigh No More,” was finally available in the US in February of 2010.

This is music for the passionate. It's a collaboration of beautiful lyrics, rich instrumentals, and a memorable vocals. The infusion of folk, country and bluegrass create a perfect recipe for powerful music. What I find most intriguing about this band (apart from the animated and purposeful use of instruments) is their ability to rotate who plays what. Each member is musically talented in several instruments that they can simply switch instruments in the middle of a concert; this group is a true collection of passionate musicians, which is hard to find these days. I couldn't imagine a better combination in music.

“Sigh No More” is currently on repeat on my beloved record player and I doubt I will ever get enough of it. These rich folkey tunes are a simply perfect pair with apple cider, cozy sweatshirts, and pumpkin carving. So cuddle up, drink up and turn this brilliant music up. :)

Favorite songs on the album:
Little Lion Man
White Blank Page
Winter Winds




Lead me to the truth and I
will follow you with my whole lie.

photo courtesy of www.thebluewalrus.com

No comments:

Post a Comment