Sunday, September 19, 2010

Toro y Moi



I want to skip fireworks across a flat pond. I want to be a pyro starting things on fire just to cause a vibrant fog. I want to venture out into the endless autumn wilderness. I want to successfully rock-out colossal circular frames. But most importantly I want to be as cool as Chazwick Bundick, the lead singer for Toro y Moi, in his video “Talamak.”

This 23 years old pioneer in the chillwave movement is similar to the likes of some of my favorites; Phantogram, Washed Out, Neon Indian, and Small Black. Chaz’s newest album, "Causers of This" was released in January 2010 but has since then started up a side-project under the name of Les Sins

Toro y Moi- a puzzling name with enlightening music- is the concoction of playful yet whimsical background beats and distorted, dreamlike chants that have had a heartbeat injected into their veins.

Favorite Songs:
Talamak
Low Shoulders
Blessa



I feel another timer,
With my life, slow down.
Slow it down.
It's my body's plan


Check out Chaz’z photography blog here
Check out other chillwave artists here
photo courtesy of www.prettymuchamazing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment